HassleMe Because sometimes in life,
you just need to be nagged...
Frequently Asked Questions
- Something's not working — who do I tell?
- Please email email@example.com with a
short description of what page you were on; what should have
happened; what actually happened; and roughly what time the
error occured. Thanks!
- What is this site?
- HassleMe is a tool which nags you. It nags you via email about things
you know you should be doing, but which you'll forget.
- How often does it nag?
- You set up a rough frequency, but it actually nags you at random times
within certain parameters. It keeps you on your toes.
- Why do you think it'll work?
- mySociety's developer Chris
Lightfoot built a little program called
Hasslebot, to encourage the
developers and volunteers at mySociety to post frequently to their blog, letting
people know what mySociety was up to. Despite the fact that it shouldn't work,
- How do I cancel a hassle?
- Every time we hassle you there will be a link that you can
click to cancel it.
- If I give you my email address, will you send me spam?
- No! We will only ever send you email when someone
(hopefully you) uses this website to set up a hassle (i.e. we'll send
you a "please confirm this hassle" email), and to carry out the actual
hassling (i.e. the regular nagging emails telling you to go the gym,
write to your mother, etc.). We won't sell your email address to
anyone, and we won't send you spam — ever.
- Who are you?
- This site was built by Chris Lightfoot and Etienne Pollard in two afternoons before
and after Christmas 2005 as a mySociety 'back of the envelope'
project. Chris was a full-time employee of mySociety and spent his
days running much more serious sites like WriteToThem.com.